Friday, January 04, 2008

Elias is 8!


Elias is now 8 years old. Holy smokes. 8 years.
8 years ago we were in Chattanooga,
and I remember the time Matt and Josh
tried to convince me to go on a canoeing trip with him...
he was only a few months old.
Actually, I didn't need much convincing,
it sounded like a great idea to me.
On the other hand, Vanessa did need some convincing,
but Matt and Josh left that part to me.
Needless to say, we were absent from that trip.

I did finally take Elias canoeing this past summer.
I don't have a picture of it,
so you'll have to settle for a picture of him on his 8th birthday.

What a great kid he is. He's so smart.
And he's got a great heart.
And he's pretty good at art
(well not really the art thing, but he does like to do those little doodle-type drawings
that you do on those small pieces of paper while you are sitting in church).
He loves playing board games (ahem, Matt),
but only if he thinks he has a good chance at winning.
To be honest, he can beat at most of the games we play.
He's also alot like me; so much so that he often really gets under my skin,
but I guess that's way things go.

I love you, Elias.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

8 years!? Where does the time go? Still remember watching his birth and wondering over the miracle of it all. Happy Birthday Elias!

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home